Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Unable to Boot the Emulated System
Unable to Boot the Emulated System

Using the instructions from the Xen Zynq Distribution User Manual from section 3.4.1 "Booting the emulated system".

I get the following error:
ERROR: No hardware dtb found. This is required to boot ZynqMP

But if I look in $RELEASE_DIR/dist/images/linux I see a xen.dtb

I am using petalinux-boot from 2015.4
Hi wmurwin, sorry to hear you're having troubles. Quick question to start with, it sounds like you aren't using the Petalinux that we reference in the Xen Zynq Distro User Manual, and instead are using the latest one from Xilinx, is that correct?

In general terms, QEMU is expecting a special dtb that's similar to, but different from, the DTB that Xen uses. This file, 'xilinx-ronaldo-arm.dtb', is specified by the -hw-dtb argument to QEMU, which you should see after issue the petalinux-boot command. Can you share what you get after issuing the following command?

petalinux-boot --qemu --u-boot --qemu-args "-drive file=images/dom0.qcow,format=qcow2,id=sata-drive -device ide-drive,drive=sata-drive,bus=ahci@0xFD0C0000.0 -net nic,vlan=0 -net user,vlan=0 -net nic,vlan=0"
I downloaded the 2015.2.1 version of Petalinux from Xilinx at http://www.xilinx.com/support/download/i...015-2.html and confirmed that it works with the instructions given in the UM, so I would recommend using that if you can't get the petalinux-v2015.SW_Beta2-final-installer.run file from the Xilinx Early Access Lounge.