Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
loading Retry count exceeded ;starting again
hi ,I have download those files: XenZynqDist-Beta_09_24_2015.tgz 、petalinux-v2015.2.1-final-installer.run ,and follow the third chapter of 《XilinxXenUsersManual.pdf》,after I have installed required tools、libraries and the images ,when I start booting the  emulated System(chapter 3.4.1), after the uboot starts,it cannot  load the xen,it display the message continuously:

Retry count exceeded ;starting again
Using Gem.ff0b0000 device
TFTP from server 10.0.2.2 ,our ip address is 10.0.2.15
Filename 'xen.dtb'
loading address:0x7000000
loading: T T T 

and my host is ubuntu 14.04(64) and my tftpd-hpa config file is:
TFTP_USERNAME="tftp"

TFTP_DIRECTORY="/tftpboot"    #my tftpboot route ,contain image file
TFTP_ADDRESS="0.0.0.0:69"
TFTP_OPTIONS="-l -c -s"

i tried several times , and always the situation,  so , is there any wrony i have made or is there any step i did not follow?

Thanks a lot! [Image: smile.png]
Wu55,

Sorry to hear that your're having problems. We've seen this TFTP issue when the /tftpboot/ directory hasn't been set up or populated correctly, I would recommend you try repeating step 12 in chapter 3.

Note, because you are using QEMU with a "User Network" (it's a QEMU thing), the DHCP/TFTP server functionality is internal to QEMU, so your system DHCP and TFTP configuration files aren't used.

Regards,
(01-12-2016, 01:27 PM)jarvis_roach Wrote: Wu55,

Sorry to hear that your're having problems. We've seen this TFTP issue when the /tftpboot/ directory hasn't been set up or populated correctly, I would recommend you try repeating step 12 in chapter 3.

Note, because you are using QEMU with a "User Network" (it's a QEMU thing), the DHCP/TFTP server functionality is internal to QEMU, so your system DHCP and TFTP configuration files aren't used.

Regards,

Thanks for you reply!

But I have done the step 12 in chapter 3. The problem did not change.

I put my term pictures in the attachments,it is the booting message. is there any other mistake?

thank you !

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thank you for the screenshots, those are very helpful.

Well, I've got some good news, and I've got some bad news. The good news is that I've seen this issue before, the bad news is that I don't remember what was wrong with my setup that I had to fix. :(

However, I can provide a workaround that might get you going, or at least help us figure out better what's wrong.

First, let's see if you can boot up Linux with petalinux without Xen. The easiest way to do that is to create the pre-built directories, populate them with files provided in teh dist/images/linux directorty, and run petalinux-boot:

cd $RELEASE_DIR/dist
mkdir -p pre-built/linux/images
cp images/linux/* pre-built/linux/images/
mv pre-built/linux/images/xen.dtb pre-built/linux/images/system.dtb
petalinux-boot --qemu --prebuilt 3

If that works, then you can try running the following to run Xen:

qemu-system-aarch64 -L $PETALINUX/etc/qemu -M arm-generic-fdt -device loader,addr=0xfd1a0104,data=0x8000000e,data-len=4   -serial mon:stdio -serial /dev/null -display none -device loader,file=$RELEASE_DIR/dist/images/linux/bl31.elf,cpu=0 -device loader,file=$RELEASE_DIR/dist/images/linux/u-boot.elf -gdb tcp::9000   -drive file=images/dom0.qcow,format=qcow2,id=sata-drive -device ide-drive,drive=sata-drive,bus=ahci@0xFD0C0000.0 -net nic,vlan=0 -net user,vlan=0 -net nic,vlan=0 -hw-dtb $RELEASE_DIR/dist/images/linux/xilinx-ronaldo-arm.dtb -pflash $RELEASE_DIR/dist/images/linux/nand0.qcow2  -tftp $RELEASE_DIR/dist/images/linux

If *that* works, then try the following to see if your /tftpboot/ directory is giving you issues:

qemu-system-aarch64 -L $PETALINUX/etc/qemu -M arm-generic-fdt -device loader,addr=0xfd1a0104,data=0x8000000e,data-len=4   -serial mon:stdio -serial /dev/null -display none -device loader,file=$RELEASE_DIR/dist/images/linux/bl31.elf,cpu=0 -device loader,file=$RELEASE_DIR/dist/images/linux/u-boot.elf -gdb tcp::9000   -drive file=images/dom0.qcow,format=qcow2,id=sata-drive -device ide-drive,drive=sata-drive,bus=ahci@0xFD0C0000.0 -net nic,vlan=0 -net user,vlan=0 -net nic,vlan=0 -hw-dtb $RELEASE_DIR/dist/images/linux/xilinx-ronaldo-arm.dtb -pflash $RELEASE_DIR/dist/images/linux/nand0.qcow2 -tftp /tftpboot/
(01-13-2016, 01:38 PM)jarvis_roach Wrote: Thank you for the screenshots, those are very helpful.

Well, I've got some good news, and I've got some bad news. The good news is that I've seen this issue before, the bad news is that I don't remember what was wrong with my setup that I had to fix. Sad

However, I can provide a workaround that might get you going, or at least help us figure out better what's wrong.

First, let's see if you can boot up Linux with petalinux without Xen. The easiest way to do that is to create the pre-built directories, populate them with files provided in teh dist/images/linux directorty, and run petalinux-boot:

cd $RELEASE_DIR/dist
mkdir -p pre-built/linux/images
cp images/linux/* pre-built/linux/images/
mv pre-built/linux/images/xen.dtb pre-built/linux/images/system.dtb
petalinux-boot --qemu --prebuilt 3

If that works, then you can try running the following to run Xen:

qemu-system-aarch64 -L $PETALINUX/etc/qemu -M arm-generic-fdt -device loader,addr=0xfd1a0104,data=0x8000000e,data-len=4   -serial monConfusedtdio -serial /dev/null -display none -device loader,file=$RELEASE_DIR/dist/images/linux/bl31.elf,cpu=0 -device loader,file=$RELEASE_DIR/dist/images/linux/u-boot.elf -gdb tcp::9000   -drive file=images/dom0.qcow,format=qcow2,id=sata-drive -device ide-drive,drive=sata-drive,bus=ahci@0xFD0C0000.0 -net nic,vlan=0 -net user,vlan=0 -net nic,vlan=0 -hw-dtb $RELEASE_DIR/dist/images/linux/xilinx-ronaldo-arm.dtb -pflash $RELEASE_DIR/dist/images/linux/nand0.qcow2  -tftp $RELEASE_DIR/dist/images/linux

If *that* works, then try the following to see if your /tftpboot/ directory is giving you issues:

qemu-system-aarch64 -L $PETALINUX/etc/qemu -M arm-generic-fdt -device loader,addr=0xfd1a0104,data=0x8000000e,data-len=4   -serial monConfusedtdio -serial /dev/null -display none -device loader,file=$RELEASE_DIR/dist/images/linux/bl31.elf,cpu=0 -device loader,file=$RELEASE_DIR/dist/images/linux/u-boot.elf -gdb tcp::9000   -drive file=images/dom0.qcow,format=qcow2,id=sata-drive -device ide-drive,drive=sata-drive,bus=ahci@0xFD0C0000.0 -net nic,vlan=0 -net user,vlan=0 -net nic,vlan=0 -hw-dtb $RELEASE_DIR/dist/images/linux/xilinx-ronaldo-arm.dtb -pflash $RELEASE_DIR/dist/images/linux/nand0.qcow2 -tftp /tftpboot/

Starting the dom0 successfully!  The second or third command you provide  can run dom0 successfully , thank you  !

though  when running the first command  "petalinux-boot --qemu --prebuilt 3"  will give an ERROR message:
ERROR: Unable to create kernel jtag boot elf for AArch64
ERROR: Unable to find kernel jtag boot elf for AArch64

but it have no influence to the second or third command , so , it runs successed !  thank you !