Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
XZD Yocto Layer
#1
In preparation for the 2017.1 XZD release, the XZD Yocto Layer has been made publicly available.  This Yocto Layer can currently be used to generate XZD kernel images and root filesystems with the 2016.4 version of XSDK.

The layer and instructions for using it can be found in github at https://github.com/dornerworks/meta-xzd .  A repo manifest which simplifies the process can also be found in github at https://github.com/dornerworks/xzd-yocto-manifests .

     Nate
Reply
#2
Hello,

I am a newbie in using Xen Hypervisor. I just bought Zynq MPSoC UltraScale+ (ZCU102 Rev 1.0) and I want to run Xen hypervisor on it.
However, I found some difficulties in following the tutorial to generate a working bootloader.
I tried to clone some repositories from the link you gave above, but there are several dependencies which do not work anymore, e.g. git://git.openembedded.org/meta-qt5 or git://git.openembedded.org/meta-xilinx. And from the tutorial that Donnerworks provide (http://dornerworks.com/wp-content/upload...Manual.pdf), i could not boot the Xen either. I think it's because i use a board with different revision?

Do you have any other source that I can use to learn how to boot Xen hypervisor on my board?
Thank you.

Cheers,
Reply
#3
Quote:ariefgrand

I am a newbie in using Xen Hypervisor. I just bought Zynq MPSoC UltraScale+ (ZCU102 Rev 1.0) and I want to run Xen hypervisor on it.

However, I found some difficulties in following the tutorial to generate a working bootloader.


See this thread, which I think also addresses what you are trying to do.


Quote:ariefgrand

I tried to clone some repositories from the link you gave above, but there are several dependencies which do not work anymore, e.g. git://git.openembedded.org/meta-qt5 or git://git.openembedded.org/meta-xilinx

There are some mistakes in the URLs listed in the ReadMe.  However you should use the repo tool and manifest link provided to simplify getting all the repositories and setting up the project, and the manifest does use the correct URLs.

If you are using PetaLinx 2017.1, I should warn you that the released Yocto layer currently only supports the 2016.4 version of the Xilinx tools.

Quote:ariefgrand

Do you have any other source that I can use to learn how to boot Xen hypervisor on my board?

Xilinx has a wiki page for Using Xen with PetaLinux, which may be helpful.


     Nate
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)